Originally created as an eZine promo for the Sexy Younger You Telesummit in July 2014.
"Tick Tock, Tick Tock…"
7 Essential Steps in Resetting Your Body’s Natural Clock
Are you 35 years old but sometimes feel like you’re 95?
While age is just a number, we do associate certain feelings, symptoms and diseases with different ages; and I felt like I was 90 when I was just 36.
I was burned out and exhausted.
I had adult acne and belly fat that just wouldn’t go away. My brain was foggy and my eyes were blurry, and I was literally running on adrenaline every day. And I had arthritis in my hands. I was miserable and mad about it.
How did I get there and how could I get out?
I didn't know where to start.
That’s why I want to give you the short cuts to feeling fabulous and living some of the best years of your life no matter what your age.
Did you know that a 90 year old can be as strong as a 50 year old?
It’s time to grow younger and truly turn back the hands of time, but you may need to make some adjustments to get your body back into a daily rhythm.
1. Balance Your Hormones with Food
• Yes, what we eat does matter - in fact it’s essential to feeling fabulous. That’s because it’s the information we give our body to function…or dysfunction. So choose function for hormone balance, and eat good quality proteins, fats and vegetables with a dollop of starchy carbohydrate at every meal - 3 times a day.
• Be sure to eat plenty of vegetables every day to help build muscle and bone and have enough minerals and fiber to run all of your body’s processes.
2. Time it Right
• Focus on protein and healthy fats in the morning and carbohydrates in the evening. We tend to be more insulin-resistant in the morning so if we eat carbohydrates at that time, like fruits and grains, we will store it as fat more quickly.
• When you eat does matter. You’re setting your hormonal balance for the entire day (and nighttime too) so be sure to eat within an hour of waking and stop about 3 hours before bedtime. This pattern will not only keep your energy and moods balanced, but you’ll also build more growth hormone - a fountain-of-youth hormone for sure.
3. Healthy Digestion for a Glowing Complexion
• Drink ½ your body weight in ounces daily, eat live fermented foods every day, and consume at least 30 grams of fiber.
4. Get Sunlight in Your Eyes
• …first thing in the morning to balance your hormones, build serotonin, and for vital energy (no sunglasses!).
• Movement is so important to our sense of wellbeing. It reconnects you to your body, makes your body and mind stronger and can free your busy mind from stress. Outside is best. Focus on restorative exercises like walking, Qigong, Tai Chi and yoga.
• It’s so luxurious…and so essential. At least 8 hours a night of restorative sleep (without sleep meds) will help you to build muscle and lose weight, be smarter, happier and more energetic. You’ll even be a better problem solver.
7. Get Connected
• It’s important to be around people who nourish you and fill up your soul on a regular basis. When you’re around people you love everything just feels better. Delicious intimacy counts too!
Are you ready to learn more?
Here is a special gift for you to get you started on next steps to feeling fabulous – it’s our brand new Sexy Younger You Virtual Vision Board that we created exclusively for our Sexy Younger You tele-summit, Season 3 – to help you feel better right now - and it’s yours immediately when you register here at no charge:
In our summit we focus on the BIG STUFF:
• Hormone balance
• Heart health
• Thyroid and adrenal health
• How to figure out and get what you want
…and much more from 25 of the world’s leading experts on anti-aging...